Confirm that the SafeNet driver has been installed by attaching the software license dongle to the computer. Bring up the Device Manager and confirm that you see SafeNet USB SuperPro / UltraPro among the Universal Serial Bus controllers (see below). Download drivers for SafeNet USB SuperPro/UltraPro other devices (Windows 7 x64), or install DriverPack Solution software for automatic driver download and update. Gemalto SmartCard SafeNet Minidriver 184.108.40.206 for Windows 10 Creators Update 64-bit. Gemalto IDBridge K50 USB Driver 220.127.116.11 115 downloads. Card Readers Gemalto.
I installed the Sentinel Security Components but the Installation program indicates that the correct version of the SafeNet Sentinel System Driver is not installed.
Note: this technical note assumes that you are using a USB Sentinel Dongle and Windows 7.
Although you have installed the SafeNet Sentinel USB System Driver the Meta Imaging Series Installer does not recognize that the driver is present.
1. Confirm that the program was installed. In the Control Panel, click Programs and Features to see the list of installed programs. Confirm that a program entitled Sentinel Protection Installer published by SafeNet, Inc is present among the installed program (see below).
2. Confirm that the SafeNet driver has been installed by attaching the software license dongle to the computer. Bring up the Device Manager and confirm that you see SafeNet USB SuperPro / UltraPro among the Universal Serial Bus controllers (see below).
If either of the first two steps fail you should remove the dongle and proceed through an uninstallation and reinstallation of the Sentinel software.
- Unplug the Memory Key from the USB port.
- Remove the Sentinel driver. In the Control Panel, click Programs and Features to see the list of installed programs. Right click Sentinel Protection Installer. Click Uninstall.
- Run the appropriate SSDCleanup program found in the Tools folder of the CD (or downloadable from ftp://ftp.meta.moleculardevices.com/support/hardware/Sentinel/) Restart the computer if told to do so.
- Go through the reinstallation of the Meta Imaging Series Software and reinstall the Sentinel software.
If the first two steps proceed and the Meta Imaging Series Software still thinks you have the wrong version of the Sentinel driver the problem is likely in the computer registry.
WARNING: modifications to the computer registry can cause serious problems to your computer operating system. The next section is for advanced users only. If you are not an advanced user contact your local Information Technology expert for assistance.
Back up your computer and your registry before proceeding!
MetaMorph looks for the correct version of the SafeNet Sentinel System Driver in the computer registry.
In a 32 bit system the entry is found at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARERainbow TechnologiesSentinel System DriverCurrentVersion.
In a 64 bit system the entry is found at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeRainbow TechnologiesSentinel System DriverCurrentVersion.
Sometimes the registry or that particular registry key becomes write protected, corrupted or the software does not have the correct privileges to modify. You have two possible solutions.
1. Change the permissions of the key:
2. Manually delete the registry entry and reinstall the Sentinel driver.
If you find that there is a problem with this registry entry that you can not modify or delete please contact your local IT group for assistance for the appropriate privilege levels.
I tried to install the Sentinel Protection software but the installation completed with a warning it could not install the installer.
Download Safenet Usb Devices Driver Windows 10
This could be due to interference between the National Instruments driver and the Sentinel driver. For more information about this problem see How to resolve installation issues with National Instruments software and MetaMorph® Software.