|Fate||Acquired by Broadcom Inc.|
|Founded||1986; 35 years ago|
|Defunct||August 14, 2014; 6 years ago|
With the PLX acquisition, Avago has the ability to expand PCIe lanes. The key component is the Avago/ PLX PCIe switch line. At a very high-level, these chips operate similar to a network switch where one can have one or more uplink ports and hang a number of devices off of the switch. PLX Technology, Inc. Is the leading supplier of PCI Express (PCIe) Bridges and Switches and other standard input/output (I/O) interconnect silicon. PLX's innovative products and supporting tools enable customers to develop systems with industry-leading performance, scalability, and reliability.
PLX Technology was a manufacturer of integrated circuits focused on PCI Express and ethernet technologies. On August 12, 2014, Broadcom Inc. (formerly Avago Technologies), acquired the company.
- I have my plex server on my laptop. I have a hard drive a separate computer on my home network. I would like to add a folder on that hard drive to the library folder list in Plex but cannot see how to do it. It appears you can only add a library from a folder on the computer the server is on.
- To use Plex, install the Plex Media Server on the computer or network-attached server (NAS) device where you store your music, videos, and other media files. Install the Plex app on your other computers, smartphones, tablets, televisions, streaming devices, and game consoles. Then, launch the app and use it to stream your media files from Plex.
- The Investor Relations website contains information about Reach PLC's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.
The company was founded in 1986 by Mike Salameh.
On April 7, 1999, during the dot-com bubble, the company became a public company via an initial public offering.
By July 1999, shares were up 426% since the IPO price.
In July 2000, the company opened an office in Austin, Texas.
In May 2003, the company acquired HiNT for $12.7 million in cash and stock.
In May 2004, the company acquired NetChip Technology.
In August 2008, the company launched three PCIe switch devices with integrated direct memory access engines.
In October 2008, Ralph Schmitt was named president and CEO of the company, replacing co-founder Mike Salameh.
In January 2009, the company acquired Oxford Semiconductor for 5.6 million shares of PLX common stock, and a promissory note for $14.2 million.
In April 2009, the company released new PCIe switches.
In November 2009, the company completed a new design on 40nm process technology at TSMC.
In January 2010, the company shipped its one-millionth network attached storage device.
In September 2010, the company acquired Teranetics for $36 million.
In October 2011, the company sold its development centre in Abingdon-on-Thames, IP licences, and a 40-person team to OCZ.
In April 2012, Integrated Device Technology announced an agreement to acquire the company. However, in December 2012, the agreement was terminated after the Federal Trade Commission challenged the merger.
In September 2012, the company sold its 10GBASE-T assets to Aquantia Corporation.
On August 12, 2014, Broadcom Inc. acquired the company.
- ^'Claimsnet.com IPO Soars, Outshining Debut by PLX'. The Wall Street Journal. April 7, 1999.
- ^Tharp, Paul (July 2, 1999). 'DON'T BELIEVE THE FIRST-DAY IPO HYPE'. New York Post.
- ^'PLX Technology opens Austin office'. American City Business Journals. July 10, 2000.
- ^'PLX Technology and HiNT Corp. Sign Merger Agreement; Combined Company Will Provide Broad Range of PCI, PCI-X, and HyperTransport Interconnect Chips' (Press release). Business Wire. May 7, 2003.
- ^'PLX to buy HiNT in $15 million deal'. EE Times. May 7, 2003.
- ^'PLX Technology Announces Completion of NetChip Technology Acquisition; Provides Business Outlook for Combined Company; Conference Call Today at 6:00 a.m. PDT' (Press release). Business Wire. May 25, 2004.
- ^'PLX Launches Industry's First PCI Express Switches With Integrated DMA' (Press release). Business Wire. August 18, 2008.
- ^'PLX Technology names CEO'. American City Business Journals. October 27, 2008.
- ^McGrath, Dylan (October 27, 2008). 'Former Cypress exec to head PLX Tech'. EE Times.
- ^'PLX Technology completes acquisition of Oxford Semiconductor'. American City Business Journals. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX completes acquisition of Oxford Semi'. EE Times. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX Technology Closes Acquisition of Oxford Semiconductor' (Press release). Business Wire. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX Expands Leadership with New PCI Express Switch Configurations, Unique Features' (Press release). Business Wire. April 13, 2009.
- ^'PLX Technology Completes First Design on Advanced 40nm Process Technology' (Press release). Business Wire. November 2, 2009.
- ^'PLX Exceeds One Million NAS Units Shipped, Market Acceptance Validated' (Press release). Business Wire. January 20, 2010.
- ^Merritt, Rick (September 24, 2010). 'PLX acquires Teranetics in $36M deal'. EE Times.
- ^'PLX Technology to Acquire Teranetics, the Leading Supplier of 10 Gigabit Ethernet Silicon' (Press release). Business Wire. September 23, 2010.
- ^Mellor, Chris (October 6, 2011). 'OCZ buys PLX PCIe design smarts operation'. The Register.
- ^'IDT and PLX Technology Announce Termination of Proposed Transaction and IDT Withdraws Exchange Offer for PLX Technology Shares' (Press release). Integrated Device Technology. December 19, 2012.
- ^'Aquantia Acquires 10GBASE-T Assets From PLX Technology' (Press release). Aquantia Corporation. September 17, 2012.
- ^'Avago Technologies Limited Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Shares of PLX Technology, Inc. -- Acquisition to Close Today' (Press release). Globe Newswire. August 12, 2014.
Here is the Chapter information you requested. Below you will find information on the day, time and location of the Chapter meeting in the Greater Akron-Canton, Ohio area, as well as the Chapter Officers and Directors. Click on View Membership Roster to find the names of business professionals in your area who are interested in exchanging quality business referrals or business networking leads.
| Acme Fresh Market Community Room|
3235 Manchester Rd
Akron, Ohio 44319
| Region: Greater Akron-Canton, Ohio (Central)|
Meeting Day: Tuesday
Meeting Time: 8:15 AM
Plx Network & Wireless Cards Driver Download For Windows 10 64-bit
| President: Stephanie Spada|
Vice President: Richard Protiva
Secretary: Jeff Houck
Treasurer: Tierney May
| Program Chair: Jordan Buntain|
Sergeant-At-Arms: Heather McMaster
Plx Network & Wireless Cards Driver Download For Windows 10 Free
Plx Network & Wireless Cards Driver Download For Windows 10 Download
|Current Chapter Vacancies|
No vacancies at this time.
This list may not be up to date. This Chapter may have vacancies that are not listed here.
View vacancies in other Chapters of AmSpirit Business Connections »