About us Partners In addition to our own infrastructure, PLX works with a network of trusted partners that reliably support our business. Our main partners are national postal operators and private distributors in different countries. Our partnerships allow us to provide our customers with the best local distribution solutions available. Enable local network discovery (GDM) Enable “G’Day Mate” discovery. This is used to allows Plex apps and servers to find each other automatically on a local network. Advanced Settings. Click on the Show Advanced button at the top right of the settings area to toggle display of advanced settings. Be careful when adjusting or using advanced.
|Fate||Acquired by Broadcom Inc.|
|Founded||1986; 35 years ago|
|Defunct||August 14, 2014; 6 years ago|
Plx Network & Wireless Cards Driver Download Windows 10
PLX Technology was a manufacturer of integrated circuits focused on PCI Express and ethernet technologies. On August 12, 2014, Broadcom Inc. (formerly Avago Technologies), acquired the company.
The company was founded in 1986 by Mike Salameh.
On April 7, 1999, during the dot-com bubble, the company became a public company via an initial public offering.
By July 1999, shares were up 426% since the IPO price.
In July 2000, the company opened an office in Austin, Texas.
In May 2003, the company acquired HiNT for $12.7 million in cash and stock.
In May 2004, the company acquired NetChip Technology.
In August 2008, the company launched three PCIe switch devices with integrated direct memory access engines.
In October 2008, Ralph Schmitt was named president and CEO of the company, replacing co-founder Mike Salameh.
In January 2009, the company acquired Oxford Semiconductor for 5.6 million shares of PLX common stock, and a promissory note for $14.2 million.
In April 2009, the company released new PCIe switches.
In November 2009, the company completed a new design on 40nm process technology at TSMC.
In January 2010, the company shipped its one-millionth network attached storage device.
In September 2010, the company acquired Teranetics for $36 million.
In October 2011, the company sold its development centre in Abingdon-on-Thames, IP licences, and a 40-person team to OCZ.
Plx Network Login
In April 2012, Integrated Device Technology announced an agreement to acquire the company. However, in December 2012, the agreement was terminated after the Federal Trade Commission challenged the merger.
In September 2012, the company sold its 10GBASE-T assets to Aquantia Corporation.
On August 12, 2014, Broadcom Inc. acquired the company.
- ^'Claimsnet.com IPO Soars, Outshining Debut by PLX'. The Wall Street Journal. April 7, 1999.
- ^Tharp, Paul (July 2, 1999). 'DON'T BELIEVE THE FIRST-DAY IPO HYPE'. New York Post.
- ^'PLX Technology opens Austin office'. American City Business Journals. July 10, 2000.
- ^'PLX Technology and HiNT Corp. Sign Merger Agreement; Combined Company Will Provide Broad Range of PCI, PCI-X, and HyperTransport Interconnect Chips' (Press release). Business Wire. May 7, 2003.
- ^'PLX to buy HiNT in $15 million deal'. EE Times. May 7, 2003.
- ^'PLX Technology Announces Completion of NetChip Technology Acquisition; Provides Business Outlook for Combined Company; Conference Call Today at 6:00 a.m. PDT' (Press release). Business Wire. May 25, 2004.
- ^'PLX Launches Industry's First PCI Express Switches With Integrated DMA' (Press release). Business Wire. August 18, 2008.
- ^'PLX Technology names CEO'. American City Business Journals. October 27, 2008.
- ^McGrath, Dylan (October 27, 2008). 'Former Cypress exec to head PLX Tech'. EE Times.
- ^'PLX Technology completes acquisition of Oxford Semiconductor'. American City Business Journals. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX completes acquisition of Oxford Semi'. EE Times. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX Technology Closes Acquisition of Oxford Semiconductor' (Press release). Business Wire. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX Expands Leadership with New PCI Express Switch Configurations, Unique Features' (Press release). Business Wire. April 13, 2009.
- ^'PLX Technology Completes First Design on Advanced 40nm Process Technology' (Press release). Business Wire. November 2, 2009.
- ^'PLX Exceeds One Million NAS Units Shipped, Market Acceptance Validated' (Press release). Business Wire. January 20, 2010.
- ^Merritt, Rick (September 24, 2010). 'PLX acquires Teranetics in $36M deal'. EE Times.
- ^'PLX Technology to Acquire Teranetics, the Leading Supplier of 10 Gigabit Ethernet Silicon' (Press release). Business Wire. September 23, 2010.
- ^Mellor, Chris (October 6, 2011). 'OCZ buys PLX PCIe design smarts operation'. The Register.
- ^'IDT and PLX Technology Announce Termination of Proposed Transaction and IDT Withdraws Exchange Offer for PLX Technology Shares' (Press release). Integrated Device Technology. December 19, 2012.
- ^'Aquantia Acquires 10GBASE-T Assets From PLX Technology' (Press release). Aquantia Corporation. September 17, 2012.
- ^'Avago Technologies Limited Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Shares of PLX Technology, Inc. -- Acquisition to Close Today' (Press release). Globe Newswire. August 12, 2014.