Taiwan (global),California, United States (corporate)
|James Chow (Chairman of the Board of Directors)Wallace Kou (President & CEO)|
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation, stylized as SiliconMotion is an American -Taiwanese company involved in developing NAND flash controllerintegrated circuits (ICs) for solid-state storage devices. The company said it supplies more NAND flash controllers than any other company, over five billion from 2006 through 2016. They are found in commercial, enterprise, and industrial applications ranging from SSDs, eMMCs, memory cards, and USB flash drives.
Silicon Motion Technology has announced that its FC2750 DVB-H mobile TV tuner has been selected by Samsung Electronics for its recently launched SGH-P960 mobile phone, which will be available in. At the time, mobile graphic chips were the main product of Silicon Motion and NAND controllers were the main products of Feiya Technology Corporation. In 2002, Concord Asia Capital (now known as Concord Venture Capital Group), mediated the merger of the two companies which was completed in August 2002.
- Bundled into mobile phones that are manufactured by two major mobile phone companies. The Company began sampling its SM370 image processor. Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., July 27, 2006 – Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ: SIMO; “the Company”), a leading fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops, and markets.
- 'Silicon Motion Technology Corp. 8th Floor 1 No 36 Taiyuan Street Hsinchu County Jhubei City, 302 Taiwan - Map Phone: 886 3 552 6888 Fax: 886 3 552 6988.
The drives use Silicon Motion’s entry-level. 12 by Anton Shilov on 5/22/2019 Mushkin at CES 2019: Carbon X100 & Carbon Z100 External SSDs at Up to 2.2 GB/s.
Silicon Motion purchased Shannon Systems which added PCI Expresssolid-state drives for the Chinese data center market to its portfolio. Controllers are marketed under the “SMI” brand, enterprise-grade SSDs under the “Shannon Systems” brand.
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation was formed as the combination of Silicon Motion, Inc., which was established in 1995 in Silicon Valley in the United States, and Feiya Technology Corporation, which was founded in 1997 in Taipei, Taiwan. At the time, mobile graphic chips were the main product of Silicon Motion and NAND controllers were the main products of Feiya Technology Corporation. In 2002, Concord Asia Capital (now known as Concord Venture Capital Group), mediated the merger of the two companies which was completed in August 2002. In 2005 the combined company was renamed Silicon Motion Technology Corporation and began listing on the NASDAQ stock market under the SIMO ticker symbol.
- November 1995: Silicon Motion was established in Silicon Valley, U.S.A.
- April 1997: Feiya Technology Corporation was established in Taipei, Taiwan.
- August 2002: Silicon Motion, Inc. was combined with Feiya Technology Corporation in Taiwan. The headquarters was located in Hsinchu County, Taiwan.
- June 2003: Silicon Motion was added to the stock listings of the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE).
- March 2005: The company decided to go public in the US. Silicon Motion Technology Corporation was established in the Cayman Islands, and transferred 100% of its stocks to its branch in Taiwan. The company terminated its application for an emerging stock transaction and withdrew the issuance of its stocks.
- April 2005: The company’s listing on the TWSE was terminated.
- June 2005: The company was listed on the NASDAQ stock market (Nasdaq: SIMO).
- April 2007: The company completed its acquisition of Future Communications IC, Inc. (FCI) for $US 90 million.
- December 2012: The company received “2012 Best Financially Managed Company (<$500 Million Revenue) Award” presented by the Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA).
- July 2015: The company completed its acquisition of Shannon Systems for US$57.5 million.
- December 2016: The company received “2016 Best Financially Managed Company (<$1 Billion Revenue) Award” presented by the Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA).
- May 2019: The company announced that it has completed the sale of FCI, its Mobile Communications product line, to Dialog Semiconductor Plc.
Silicon Motion Mobile Phones Samsung
Embedded storage products
- SSD controllers
- eMMC controllers
- Ferri storage solutions
- Embedded flash controllers
- Enterprise/data center SSDs marketed under the Shannon brand
Silicon Motion Mobile Phones Verizon
Expandable storage products
- Memory card controllers
- USB flash drive controllers
Embedded graphics products
- Embedded GPUs
- USB display solutions
- ^'Silicon Motion Announces Results for the Period Ended June 30, 2016. Taipei: Silicon Motion Technology Corp'.
- ^'GuruFocus (July 17, 2015). Investors Can Benefit From Silicon Motion's SSD Exposure'.
- ^'Zacks (July 6, 2015). Silicon Motion to Boost Earnings on Shannon Systems Buy'.
- ^'Bryan, Ho (2011). Silicon Motion Technology Corp: Taking initiative and bouncing back from rock bottom. Taipei: United Daily News Group'.
- ^'Silicon Motion Technology Corp.'s acquisition of FCI, Inc. (2007). Silicon Motion Announces Closing of its Acquisition of FCI, Inc.. Taipei: Silicon Motion Technology Corp'.
- ^'GSA Award Winners : Global Semiconductor Alliance'.
- ^'Silicon Motion Technology Corp.'s acquisition of Shannon Systems (2015). Silicon Motion Announces Agreement to Acquire Shannon Systems'.
- ^'Global Semiconductor Alliance Announces 2016 Award Recipients (Dec 9, 2016) : Global Semiconductor Alliance'.
- ^'Silicon Motion Completes Sale of FCI to Dialog Semiconductor (May 31, 2019) : Silicon Motion'.
Mobile Phones Definition
- Silicon Motion Official Web Site